We Are PHILANTHRO San Diego
Our mission is to empower young professionals to incorporate philanthropy into their daily lives. We do this through organizing various types of events throughout the year, benefiting different charity organizations or individuals. These events include:
- Evening affair at the Ivy Nightclub, benefiting Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- “Hi-Five Party” at Analog Bar, benefiting The Community Coaching Center
- Networking mixer, benefiting VH1 Do Something Award Finalist Organization, YALLA
- All-City ALLiance for DonorsChoose.org, with 100% of proceeds going directly to fund local teacher initiatives
- Guest bartending at U-31 in support of “Give Up to Give Back” campaign
- Mission Bay beach clean-up, benefiting the San Diego River Park Foundation
We are one chapter in the national 501(c)(3) non-profit, PHILANTHRO. Outside of San Diego, you can find us in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and New York.
We have fun as a group of young people doing good for the community!
PHILANTHRO Member Benefits
- Volunteer for a cause, or YOUR cause
Philanthro supports its members (operationally and financially) in projects that they are personally passionate about.
- Develop valuable leadership and communication skills
Working on initiatives allow members to interact with a wide variety of people and organizations.
- Obtain access to a strong network of 300 Philanthro members and alumni
Philanthro has active presence in 5 major cities.
- Expand your social circle
Make new friends from various industries and backgrounds, all while doing good.
- Build your resume for graduate school or a new job
Members have been admitted into Stanford Graduate School of Business, Harvard Business School, University of Chicago Booth, MIT Sloan, University of Michigan Ross, Haas School of Business Berkeley, UCLA Anderson, UCSD School of Medicine, UCLA School of Dentistry, London School of Economics Business School.